Melania is a small Dutch non-governmental organization, which focuses on micro projects for grassroot women in several countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The project should originate from a local initiative taken by several (organized) women to improve their social, economical and/or cultural position and raises their level of consciousness and organization.
- The project is directed towards grassroot women (low income groups).
- The women’s group is responsible for project planning, implemantion and sustaining.
- The women’s group should be willing and able to communicate with the Dutch ’sister group’ (letter writing, progress reports).
- The Melania financial contribution facilitates the start of the project. Building the capacity to become selfsupporting is necessary to avoid financial dependence on Melania.
- Melania supports projects in the following field: small-scale trade processing and other income generating activities.
An application should clearly describe:
- situation of the area/country and aim of the project
- target group, their participation in initiating, executing and sustaining the project
- proposed activities and possible bottlenecks
- available resources and local contribution
- nature, duration and budget of the project