Temporary stop on new applications for project funding
During this period, only applications from Latin America and the rest of Asia / other Asian countries will be considered.
New project proposals from all regions are welcome again in 2020.
Melania is a small Dutch foundation, which focuses on the financial support of micro-projects for low income women in certain countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
The projects we fund should originate from a local initiative, taken by several (organized) women and should aim to improve their economic and/or social position:
- The project is in the field of income-generating activities.
- The project is directed towards low income women’s groups.
- The financial contribution of Melania facilitates the start of the project: the project has the ability to become self-supportive in 2-3 years.
- The women’s group is responsible for project planning and implementation and is prepared to keep a line of communication with Melania.
An application should clearly describe:
- the situation of the area/country and the aim of the project
- target group, their participation in initiating, executing and sustaining the project
- proposed activities
- available resources and local contribution
- nature, duration, and budget of the project
If you want to know whether your project suits the Melania criteria, please do our Quickscan here.